This super speciality department mainly concerned with the problems or diseases involving kidney, ureter, urinary bladder and genital region. The urologists at A.V Hospital Basavanagudi have rich experience in treating any kind of emergency related to the genito-urinary system
The commonly encountered disorders are:
- Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) secondary to bladder outlet obstruction either due to prostate gland
- enlargement [benign (BPH) or malignant] or stricture urethra.
- Stone diseases (calculi) involving the kidney, ureter and bladder.
- Infections involving the genitourinary region.
- Malignancy (cancer) involving the genitourinary region.
- Incontinence(Inability to control) of urine or Retention of urine(Inability to pass urine).
- LUTS includes Frequency, Urgency, Nocturia, Haematuria.
The commonly done procedures in this hospital are:
- TURP (Transurethral resection of the prostate)
- URSL (Ureterorenoscopic lithotripsy)
- Stenting ( double J )
- VIU ( Visual internal urethrotomy)
- Cystolitholapaxy for vesical stones
- Orchidopexy and Orchidectomy
- Pyelolithotomy and Ureteroloithotomy
With access to
We will ensure you are in safe hands with our team of expert doctors.