Centre of Excellence in Hernia Surgery-2018
BEST Institute and Research Centre and AV Hospital has been recognized as the “Centre of Excellence in Hernia Surgery” by the Asia Pacific Hernia Society. Dr. M. Ramesh, Director BEST Institute and Research Centre, received the certificate of Centre of Excellence during the Asia Pacific Hernia Society meeting in Dubai November 30th 2018.
AV Hospital is the only hospital in South India to be recognised as ” Centre of Excellence in Hernia Surgery” both by Hernia Society of India and Asia Pacific Hernia Society. A really proud moment for all of us. Many thanks to Asia Pacific Hernia Society and Hernia Society of India. We will promise to continue our good work in abdominal wall hernia as well as in training surgeons in the field of herniology.
The Annual Conference of Hernia Society 2017 conducted at Delhi
The Annual Conference of Hernia Society 2017 conducted this year at Delhi, recognized A.V.Hospital of Bangalore as ” CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE” in our country in recognition of the quality of treatment delivered in the field of Hernia Surgery. They also recommended the hospital to aspiring surgeons who wish to train in the latest techniques of Hernia Surgery.
Dr.M. Ramesh is unanimously elected as Executive Committee Member of the Hernia Society of India.
Invited faculties to deliver a lecture during 11th annual Conference of Hernia Society of India.11th 12th August 2017, Delhi.
- This was the 2nd annual R.H.N.SHENOI Memorial Surgical workshop.
- This was conducted at “Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences” Bellary in association with “BEST Institute and Research Center”.
- The conference was for 3 days from 8th-10th July 2016.
- It included a Multicenter theme based live operative workshop from center of excellance across the globe. Live laparoscopic surgeries were relayed from USA,Taiwan,Singapore,Bangkok,Delhi,Cochin and Bangalore to Bellary.
- It also had medical writing course and laparoscopic surgical skills course on the last day of the conference where all surgical postgraduates from across the state were taught about tricks and tips of publications in peer revieved journals and laparoscopic surgical skills.
INTERNATIONAL CONCLAVE ON ADVANCED BARIATRIC AND METABOLIC SURGERY
- This International Conclave was organized by BEST Institute and Research Center,A.V.Hospital.
- It was held for 3 days at Hotel J.W.Mariott on September 20th-22nd 2013.
- This was endorsed by IAGES, Surgical Society of Bangalore, and Karnataka Institute of Diabetes.
- Eminent National faculties were invited for lectures who shared their experiences with the young surgeons.
- The live operative workshop was appreciated by many.
- The highlight of this conference was Dr.Mal Fobi the ex-president of ASMBS and IFSO delivered lectures on Weight loss surgeries. He shared his vast experience on FOBI bands which was invented and pioneered by him.
- There was also a Surgical skills course session on BEST endo trainers.