M.B.B.S Bangalore Medical College – 1984
D.N.B. St. Martha’s Hospital – 1989
D.A.C.P., F.A.I.S., F.I.A.M.S.
F.I.C.S., F.M.A.S. F.I.A.G.E.S.
Trained in Laparoscopic Surgery at Mumbai & Singapore – 1992
Dr. M. Ramesh will be available for Consultation at A. V. Hospital
from 10am-2pm and from 7pm-9pm. On all weekdays
Started the first Videolaparoscopic Centre in Karnataka State in 1993
Senior Consultant & Head A.V.Hospital, Bangalore
Director Bangalore Endoscopic Surgery Training Institute & Research Centre
Advisor Society of Biomedical Technology
P.A.R.C. Member National Programme of Micro & Smart SubstancesPioneered Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery in Karnataka, in the fields of GI Surgery, Gynaecology, Urology and Thoracic Surgery.
Pioneeered Hand Assisted Laparoscopic surgery for splectomy, colectomy and donor nephrectomy in India, since 1997.
Pioneered and popularised Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery surgery since 2004.
Has presented over 65 research papers and videos in Conferences at the State National and International levels both in India and abroad. Has won several best paper awards in National Conferences. Has been invited to chair several scientific sessions in national and international conferences including the World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery.
Has conducted 5 National Level conferences and 4 International Conferences, 38 workshops and over 96 guest lectures in National and International Meets in Laparoscopic Surgery.
Established Bangalore Endoscopic Surgery Training Institute & Research Center. More than 1500 surgeons, gynaecologists and urologists have been trained from all over India and other countries, which include Malaysia, Maldives, Dubai, Bahrain, U.K., Australia, West Indies and U.S.A.
Has started a Fellowhip course in Minimal Invasive Surgery and Fellowship in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences – the first of its kind in the country.
Involved in the development of the first ever Virtual Reality Laparoscopic surgery training module along with the DRDO. Was a member of medical research review of the Rs. 75 Crore National Programme of Smart Materials involving the development of several medical devices using smart materials. Is now a Member of the Rs. 195 Crore National Programme of Micro and Smart Substances.
Member of Advisory Board of Society of Biomedical Technology, DRDO, India.
Has served in the I.M.A., I.M.A.A.M.S., A.S.I., I.A.G.E.S., A.M.A.S.I. and other professional associations and occupied various offices in these associations. He is involved in various charitable activities and was a Governing Council Member of Sri Ramakrishna Mission, Shivanahalli.
Member of Lions Club, Bangalore – West, and actively involved in all its health related programmes.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS IN THE FIELD OF BARIATRIC SURGERY
- Did Fellowship Course in Bariatric Surgery at Germany and USA.
- Started Bariatric Surgery in India more than a decade ago.
- Has been the first person to perform Gastric Bypass Surgery in the country. This is considered the Gold Standard operation to achieve long term control of obesity and diabetes.
- Has organised 2 international conferences in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
- Has been conducting 4 training programmes in Bariatric Surgery every year, in association with Medtronics, USA, for the last 5 years, to train experienced laparoscopic surgeons from all over India in the field of Bariatric Surgery.
- Has performed the largest number of Banded Sleeve Gastrectomy, a very popular type of weight loss surgery, in the world.
- Has demonstrated more than 100 bariatric surgeries, which is webstreamed on the website www.lapguru.com, and is watched live by surgeons from all parts of the world.
- Has been conducting Fellowship in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery, which is the only superspeciality course in the field of Bariatric Surgery in India, which is the only course affiliated to a University in India.