|Doctor Name||Dr. Ramesh Makam|
|Education & Training|
|M.B.B.S||Bangalore Medical College – 1984|
|D.N.B.||St. Martha’s Hospital – 1989|
|D.A.C.P., F.A.I.S., F.I.A.M.S.||Minimal Invasive Surgery|
|F.I.C.S., F.M.A.S. F.I.A.G.E.S.||Minimal Invasive Surgery|
|F.A.L.S.||Minimal Invasive Surgery|
Started the first Video Laparoscopic Centre in Karnataka State in 1993
- Senior Consultant & Head A.V.Hospital, Bangalore
- Director of Bangalore Endoscopic Surgery Training Institute & Research Centre
- Advisor Society of Biomedical Technology
- P.A.R.C. Member National Programme of Micro & Smart Substances
- Pioneered Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery in Karnataka, in the fields of GI Surgery, Gynaecology, Urology and Thoracic Surgery.
- Pioneered Hand Assisted Laparoscopic surgery for splenectomy, colectomy and donor nephrectomy in India, since 1997.
- Pioneered and popularised Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery surgery since 2004.
- Has presented over 65 research papers and videos in Conferences at the State National and International levels both in India and abroad. Has won several best paper awards in National Conferences. Has been invited to chair several scientific sessions in national and international conferences including the World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery.
- Has conducted 5 National Level conferences and 4 International Conferences, 38 workshops and over 96 guest lectures in National and International Meets in Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Established Bangalore Endoscopic Surgery Training Institute & Research Center. More than 1500 surgeons, gynaecologists and urologists have been trained from all over India and other countries, which include Malaysia, Maldives, Dubai, Bahrain, U.K., Australia, West Indies and U.S.A.
- Has started a Fellowship course in Minimal Invasive Surgery and Fellowship in Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery affiliated to the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences – the first of its kind in the country.
- Involved in the development of the first ever Virtual Reality Laparoscopic surgery training module along with the DRDO. Was a member of medical research review of the Rs. 75 Crore National Programme of Smart Materials involving the development of several medical devices using smart materials.
- Is now a Member of the Rs. 195 Crore National Programme of Micro and Smart Substances.
- Member of Advisory Board of Society of Biomedical Technology, DRDO, India.
- Has served in the I.M.A., I.M.A.A.M.S., A.S.I., I.A.G.E.S., A.M.A.S.I. and other professional associations and occupied various offices in these associations.
- He is involved in various charitable activities and was a Governing Council Member of Sri Ramakrishna Mission, Shivanahalli.
- Member of Lions Club, Bangalore – West, and actively involved in all its health related programmes.